Bumps is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Whenever we ask you to provide your personal data, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bumps Cumbria may change or update this policy from time to time. In order to stay up to date, we suggest that you check back regularly, and let us know of any concerns you may have. This policy was last updated in May 2018.
What information we collect
Bumps may ask for and collect the following information:
- Your name and your birth partner's name
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Your address and postcode, where needed for delivering a private course or service
- Details of your pregnancy, including but not limited to, your due date and any other classes that you have attended
What we do with the information gathered
We only gather information that is necessary to help us understand your needs and provide you with the best quality service. In particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Communicating with you about your bookings
- Understanding your needs so that we can improve products and services offered.
- Sending you emails/text messages to check on your progress or to follow up after you have had your baby.
- Gathering statistics on birth outcomes for our clients
- From time to time, we may also use your contact information to contact you for market research purposes. This would be via email, with the option to opt out.
Data will only be kept for the minimum time required to fulfil the purposes above, and only stored beyond this where we have your written permission (or until you request otherwise).
Bumps Cumbria is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All medical information is treated in the strictest confidence.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Bumps is powered by Squarespace, who log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Bumps (and Squarespace) to analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website by tailoring it to customer needs. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Data gained will be used temporarily for statistical analysis, then discarded.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
The Bumps website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- All forms on this website, including booking forms, contain compulsory and non-compulsory questions. While some information is vital in order to provide our services, you may choose not to complete those non-compulsory fields without this being detrimental to the service you receive
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, but no longer wish for us to do this, you may opt out of communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bumps Cumbria may ask your permission to share comments, stories or pictures across their website or social media pages. This will only be done with your permission, and can be removed any time at your request (see below).
Bumps will NOT sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Anonymised birth statistics are shared with The Wise Hippo Ltd for purposes of monitoring and improving quality of their programmes, but only where we have your express permission to do so.
You may request details of any personal information that we do hold about you at any time, or have all your records deleted. If you would like to know what information Bumps Cumbria holds about you, or would like that data destroyed, please email email@example.com. In the event that you believe our information to be incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct or remove any information found to be incorrect.